20100814

Hello

My agent has been telling me to get a presence online, and since there has been so much mentioning me I thought I should put a few lines up myself. But mine will be polite.

For those who don't know me, I am Tarquin McPhereson. I have been under the spell of Thespis for 40 years, and in that time have bought joy to many people. And occasionally pizza. For tis my zest for life which I feel sets me apart from my fellow actors. My dedication to my craft. Many people think being an actor is a piece of proverbial piss, but no. It involves conventration. It involves knowing yourself and your fellow man. It functions best when the actor is able to dig into the deeper recesses of their past, to dredge up all that angst, pain, fury, sorrow and joy that is life. and if you can do that in a bear costume, that's even better.

Tomorrow, Sunday, I am to see Sandy, my agent, about the attitude of Gerhardt, the director of the play I am currently auditioning for. While I respect him deeply as an artist, I do think his advice to me during my audtion was both rude and misplaced. "Learn waitressing" he said. I spoke to Sandy about this and she said Gerhardt had already called her about something else, but my name had come up several times. I can only assume his English failed him, because in his exciteable manner, he relapsed into his native tongue, and sounded, according to Sandy like Angela Merkl on helium. Of course, I would never dream of saying that to his face. That would be professional suicide.

No comments:

Post a Comment