20110330

Norman Andrews

I have just heard of the tragic passing of Norman Andrews, who for many years played Gerwyn, the Welsh character in the radio series 'Farm Folk'. I am frankly in shock. Norman was a vibrant character both in person and in his work. I well remember him at the Chichester Grand, his old stomping ground, wowing both audience and critics with his one man show 'Nearly Normal Norman'. That was a grand show, and it indicated something of the feelings stirred in management that they felt it so good that the first performance could not possibly be topped and took it off. Always leave on a high. Or in Normans' case, arrive, work and exit often at the wrong moment, on a high.

I must ring Mitzy Oliver the producer tomorrow and offer my condolences in my best Welsh accent.

No comments:

Post a Comment