20110522

The Actorium


I am sat here with a cup of cocoa thinking about last night. The Actorium is a strange set up. Fourteen men, dressed as Yodellers, hitting each other with herrings, while a woman in the corner plays three blind mice (literally) at Kerplunk. A casual glance would indicate a bunch of loons, but the power these people wield is fearsome. One wrong move, a noted furtive glance and one could find oneself in experimental theatre playing a lightbulb.

None of it made much sense to me, if I am honest, but I felt a humbled sense of self as I watched the investiture. I was honoured as a guest as well, by the traditional trapeze.

Afterwards I was invited to the small soiree, during which I got talking to someone who knew someone who was a co-worker of someone whose Mother knew Ghandi. The insights of the great man were both illuminating and soul warming, and I did indeed agree to meet his representative who happened by happy coincidence to be in my area on Tuesday. Something he said struck deep with me, a connection with another soul, a insight into my situation which created a strong bond in those precious minutes we spent chatting. The thing is I actually do need new windows, and my new friend realised that from my aura.

When I returned home I got a message I was to be in a new experimental production of Wortherungs’ Epic ‘Furniture Speake’, where I am to play a sideboard.

It’s all very exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment