20121010

Mysterious NuBold

One is often asked, as one is something of a local celebrity, to attend functions, seminars, lectures. To give an almost papal blessing by opening supermarkets, theatres, sports facilities and museums. Such is the honour which befell myself when I was asked to do the Tombola at St Marigold's.

St Marigold's is one of the most wonderful diocese in the country, boasting over fifteen hundred people in the small Lincolnshire village, and those that had heard of me turned up to see me spin the old tumbler. I hate large crowds anyway.

It was something of an honour for me to pull out from the barrel the name of the person who has won the Vosene gift basket. Mr Harrington was delighted and gave a small speech, during which he mentioned my good self, although I had to correct him that I was not in fact Ms Windsor.

No comments:

Post a Comment