20230807

A busy weekend indeed!

 My train was delayed at the weekend. I was coming back from an (unsuccessful) audition for ‘Mastermind – The Musical’. I was to be Arthur, the chair that the contestants sit in. It was a simple song about being a chair, but after the first few words I was despatched. Some material just isn’t up to the standard an actor needs; and this material obviously wasn’t. First time I have had objects thrown at me during an audition! Throw them at the writer, I say!

Trains are magnificent, a way for an actor to observe the public, note their little habits and affectations, and file them away for future use. Of course, you have to be careful about it. People could get the wrong idea. Don’t just stare at the person sitting opposite or across the aisle. This is where a good mobile phone comes in. Pretend to be playing a game, whilst watching them on the screen. But you must do it with prudence; should someone look over your shoulder and discover what you are up to, it could be badly misunderstood.

The British Transport Police are a wonderful group of people. Whilst I was in the office, I learned a great deal about their job and responsibilities. Useful if I am ever in a crime drama! They were very prompt with my phone, and deleted the material in question before sending me on my way on an entirely different train.


No comments:

Post a Comment